THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
1. By signing this agreement you give up your right to bring a court action to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any injury to yourself, your assigns, your property, or for your death however caused arising out of your use of this experimental piece of tree climbing gear now or any time in the future.
2. I agree, on behalf of myself, my assigns, executors, and heirs, to RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, and HOLD HARMLESS Brandt Endeavors, LLC, its founders, officers, members, organizers, and agents from any and all liability, damage, or claim of any kind arising out of or in any way related to use of the Zag-Wrench Tether. This shall include, but is not limited to, damages and claims on account of personal injury, property damage, death, or accident of any kind in any way related to my use of the Zag-Wrench Tether.
3. I understand that use of the Zag-Wrench Tether is not endorsed by Petzl and that use of the Zag-Wrench Tether connected to the Petzl ZigZag will void the ZigZag's 3-year warranty. I also understand that the Singing Tree Rope Wrench is not a life support piece of gear, and, that in the event of total failure of the ZigZag, the Rope Wrench may not hold me on the rope.
4. I further state that I am cognizant of all the inherent dangers and risks involved in tree climbing using the Zag-Wrench Tether, which include, but are not limited to:
• Falls from heights greater than 5 feet above ground
• Failure of climbing ropes, anchor lines, and equipment
5. I understand the need to inspect all parts of the ZigZag, the Zag-Wrench Tether, and the Singing Tree Rope Wrench before and after each climb according to the instructions provided by each manufacturer. I understand the need to discontinue use of any piece of gear as called for based on the outcome of these inspections.
6. I am the primary user of the Zag-Wrench Tether. If I allow others to climb using the Zag Wrench Tether I will provide them with a copy of this Waiver of Liability and Acknowledge of Risk. They will be under the same legally binding waiver of liability.
7. I state that I am legally competent to sign this affirmation and release. I acknowledge that I am at least eighteen years old. I understand the terms herein are contractual. I have read and fully understand the above acknowledgement of risk, release / indemnification and covenant not to sue. I have signed this document of my own free will, and agree to the terms outlined herein.